1. Jenny _______is____ tired.
2. ” _______who____ is she?” “She’s my friend from London”
3. Today is Wednesday. Yesterday it ______was_____ Tuesday.
4. It’s Thursday today. Tomorrow it ________will be___ Friday.
5. ______there are_____ lots of animals in the zoo.
6. How many people _______are there____ in your family?
7. “Has Steve got a sister?” “No, he ________hasn’t___, but he’s got 2 brothers.”
8. Where _____does______ Sarah live?
9. ______did mary go_____ to London on the train yesterday?
Did Mary went
Did Mary go
10. Jack _______speaks____ English, Spanish and a bit of French.
20. I …will.. see you tomorrow, I’m not sure
21. ..smoking… is bad for you.
22. I .. wouldn’t have… told him if I had known he was your brother.
23. He ..had been… living there for three years before they found him.
24. I wish you … wouldn’t shout.. all the time.
25. By the time you arrive … he’ll leave..
he’ll have left
26. The house … might be..built in the 16th century.
might have been
might have be
27. Don’t forget … buying.. me a newspaper.
that you buy
28. Whenever there was a visitor, the dog .. would run… to the door.
29. He is an executive in ..the car industry…
the car industry
30. Peter sold his car …in order to.. save money.
as a result
in order to
31. He advised me ..to see… the doctor.
that I see
32. I …am not used to.. travelling by bus.
am not used to
didn’t used to
do not used to
33. He didn’t come last night. I wish that he did
34. I am going to a wedding. I need to …be cutting my hair..
be cutting my hair
cutting my hair
have my hair cut
get cut my hair
35. Which would you ..rather… have, gold or silver?
36. My sister has been in hospital. I wonder how she …has got across..
is getting on
has got across
is getting away
37. The man said he did not …mind having.. to go by bus.
38. Although he confessed to the crime, the judge let the boy ..off…
39. I’ve never … come across.. that word before.
40. The student could not answer the question, so he …gave up